Nick Massie of the CrossFit Culinary Ninja specialty course shares a lighter take on traditional chicken salad. This recipe is perfect if you want some easy meal prep for those warm spring days and hot summer nights.
Paleo Chicken Pecan Salad
- 42oz. chicken breasts, roasted, chilled and diced (cooked weight)**
- 10 cups red grapes, halved
- 10 cups celery, small diced
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup Massie Mayo
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped and chilled
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare chicken breast by lining a sheet pan with foil, seasoning the pan with kosher salt and pepper, laying the breasts onto the pan and seasoning the top side of the chicken.
- Pour the pecans onto another sheet pan and spread out evenly.
- Place both sheet pans into the preheated oven. Cook the pecans for 5-10 minutes or until nicely toasted (be sure to watch carefully, as these can burn quickly). Cook the chicken breast to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the Massie Mayo.
- Once the chicken has reached 165° remove from oven and chill in the refrigerator until completely cooled. When this is achieved, dice into chunks similar in size to the half a grape.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together honey, Massie Mayo, apple cider vinegar, poppy seeds and a pinch of kosher salt and pepper. Add diced chicken and toss or stir to incorporate.
- Pour in the grapes and celery and mix again. Add pecans and stir one last time.
- Portion out and store in the refrigerator for up to one week. Enjoy!
“Keep It Paleo!”
Yields 13 portions
Nutrition per portion:
- 22g Protein
- 43g Carbohydrate
- 7g Fat
- 600 Calories