|Cheechako Chicken Tostones
- 8 chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons PALEO GRIND Cheechako Tako
- Olive oil, as needed
- 10-12 crispy fried tostones (recipe below), MAKE THESE FIRST
- 60 second Guac (recipe below), make while frying tostones.
Ingredients for Papaya Salsa:
- 1/3 Papaya, peeled, de-seeded and small dice
- 1 poblano/pasilla pepper, small dice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, small dice (seed removed to adjust heat level)
- 1 Roma tomato, small dice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Lay chicken thighs out on a plate and season top side with half of the PALEO GRIND Cheechako Tako spice blend. Place all thighs into the skillet seasoned side down and season the top side with the remaining seasoning. Allow to cook for 4-5 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients for the papaya salsa into a bowl and stir to incorporate.
- Once the chicken thighs have reached an internal temperature of 165°F, remove from skillet and place on a cutting board. Cut each thigh into a small dice.
- Place the crispy fried tostones onto a plate, top with a spoonful of 60-second guac and spread to cover the tostone. Then layer on the chicken and papaya salsa and Enjoy.!
“Keep It Paleo!”
|Crispy Fried Tostones
- 2 green plantains, peeled (see video for example on this) and cut into 1 ¼” pieces (5-6 pieces each
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup avocado oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Place oils into a sauce pan and heat to 375-400°F.
- Place plantain pieces into oil for two minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place onto a cutting board.
- Using a small sauté pan, flatten each piece into a small round cake
- Place each cake back into the oil, 3-4 cakes at a time. Stir and flip each cake while frying until they are golden brown on the outer edges and golden throughout the middle. Remove from the oil and immediately sprinkle with kosher salt. Place onto a piece of paper towel. Repeat until all cakes are fried. Enjoy.!
60 Second Guac
- 2 Medium-Sized Avocadoes, halved, skin and stem attachment removed
- ¼ red or yellow onion, small dice
- ¼ bunch cilantro, rough chopped/chiffonade
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 garlic clove, minced or smashed into a paste
- ½ jalapeno, small dice
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl or mortar and pestle and smash them to oblivion
- Season with Kosher Salt to your liking
This recipe is a very basic approach to guacamole. You can be as creative as you’d like and add anything from tomatoes to lettuce to mangoes. Get on with your bad self!!